A gift of God is realizing that God gifts us on a daily basis!
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
A new phase of vocation
This is my first official post on this blog, and as I write, I must admit that it is something I have wanted to do for some time now. I had originally thought of blogging so as to share with others the experience of being a new priest. As I write, however, I cannot help but being moved by the news that our Congregation has a new Superior General, a man who probably did not want the job, but a man whose love and commitment to God will make him a worthy minister to his fellow Oblate brothers and to the people we serve. This newness reminds me of a call that we must all undergo at one point in our lives, the changing of our vocations not to say that our vocation is changed as one would change a piece of clothing. Rather, as we grow, as we are transformed by God, so too our vocation takes on and enters new phases. Sometimes these phases challenge us beyond points we once believed possible, at other times, the phase moves us toward in directions that seem new and adventurous. No matter what, however, when we decide to walk in God, we walk in life, and that is what makes the difference because there is where we are found.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Your thoughts on vocation express more fully what my comment to your other post about the lepers was about. Thanks, Rick.
ReplyDelete