A gift of God is realizing that God gifts us on a daily basis!
Sunday, February 6, 2011
Be "salt of the earth, and light of the world." After a full day of masses and celebration, I have had some more time to reflect on today's readings and to see their application in daily life. Not necessarily in my own life, but in the lives of those people I was able to meet today. The mother caring for her child, the man giving his elderly neighbor a ride to church, and even in the people watching the game. As I lived the readings in the events of this day, I was reminded of the beauty of life and the amazing gift of being able to know and to love God. It is in those encounters that we are able to glimpse the beauty of God's love, the wonder of the incarnation and the call to be witnesses of this, not in grandiose and amazing feats, but in the small and loving actions of our everyday lives. It is here that Christ touches our lives with his own, and as we come around the Sacraments, we are assured of God's love. So as i sit here and do my night prayer, i am gently reminded by those i have met today, that just as they live out their vocations, i too am to continue witnessing to the love of God, and in our sharing, we will become more whole as we build the Kingdom of God. Amen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment