A gift of God is realizing that God gifts us on a daily basis!



Wednesday, February 9, 2011

DNBA Homily

Do not be afraid.

Those words have often been a source of strength and comfort, especially when my own strength had been swept away like dust on a sidewalk. 

Do not be afrai,

I would think as I looked dow the long end of a new cross with my name on it.

Do not be afraid.

I held on to at the moment when I most needed a rock of safety... when I had to look at my brothers or sisters eyes and ask forgiveness, to offer my love, to reconcile and renew.

Do not be afraid...

Words that I now reflect upon as I come before God.

I am not afraid

Becuase here and now, I have come to know that I am God's beloved child, a truth that death itself cannot erase.

I am not afraid

and so I come here, a little nervous, but know that here and now, God is calling.  And in my fragility, I respond. 

We are not afraid.

Becuase we know love, and His name is Christ!

Amen.

1 comment: